21 October 2023

Free! Free! Palestine!


The first mass demonstration in sipport of Palestine started at Marble Arch. I was a little late and was made later by the closure of Marble Arch station due to overcrowding. I got off at Lancaster Gate with lots of other people where it was so busy many of us chose to walk up the emergency stairs. I suspect that station was closed soo after too. 

The march itself was slow and unexentful, slow because there were so many people and uneventful because they were all well behaved. 

It rained occasionally but nobody minded.

As always I was just a very small cog in a very large machine but it felt important to stand up and be counted in opposition to the extreme violence being inflicted in Palestine after decades of subjugation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!