25 March 2023

A long local loop

For various reasons, mostly some sort of virus, I had not been for a long walk, i.e. over 25k steps, for over two weeks (the monthly walk to West Hampstead) so, feeling a bit better, I wanted to get out walking again. My plan was to walk for three hours and maybe stretch it out to four, in the end it was five.

I set out with only a vague plan, as I tend to do, and in this case it was to pay a visit to some Pokemon Go gyms in Hampton where I do not yet have gold badges. I continued to let Pokemon Go and my mood continue to lead the way after that and as the walk went on and I felt no ill effects I got more ambitions heading first to Hounslow, then Isleworth and then back home.

 

It was a nice walk with a selection of parks and rivers along the way, as well as some mixed suburban architecture. The ground was solid, apart for a short foray through the river in Ham where it has claimed the towpath, and I managed to average a respectable 5km per hour including a stop for coffee and cake in the one decent cafe in Whitton that I know which accepts card payment.

I walked for five hours and covered 25km. That was further and longer than I expect so I was happy with that. I was also happy to catch up with five hours of listening to podcasts but there are still more than one hundred to go.

I hope this means that I am back in the groove, mentally and physically now, and that I'll be doing more long walks in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!