24 February 2023

Martin Turner ex Wishbone Ash at Boom Boom Club (Feb 2023)


According to my limited records I first saw Martin Turner ex Wishbone Ash at Boom Boom Club in Sutton back in 2015 and  I have seen them eight times altogether, three of those at Boom Boom Club. So it is no surprise that I saw them play there in February 2023.

A band that tours as much as Martin Turner ex Wishbone Ash do likes to find a theme for each tour to make them seem a little different even if the set list is largely the same each time, and with good reason. Some of you may have guessed that this tour revisited Live Dates, Wishbone Ash's live album from 1973; apparently that is fifty years ago!

For me, the nice thing about this set list was that it included Pilgrim which they do not always play. It also includes other classics like Warrior and Throw Down The Sword, which they do.

There is not much else to say, Martin Turner ex Wishbone Ash played their usual songs to their usual very high standard and everyone had a great time. I certainly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!