30 November 2022

It is only 18km from Brentford to Waterloo

Like most of my walks with my regular companion, this one started with a vague plan that we adopted as we went along.

His suggestion was to walk from Ealing to Central London and I amended this slightly to start in Brentford (PokemonGo is to blame here!) and to end at Waterloo Station as that gave us the fastest route home.

The plan then became Gunnesbury Park, Ealing Common, Acton Park, Hyde Park, Green Park and St James' Park.


After my series of small disasters on my last walk to West Hampstead it was good to have a plan that worked, as they always used to do.

The walk was a good example of what walking through London is like with an interesting mix of areas including some very grand, some very new and some a little shabby. We also found some attractive coffee shops, Rada Cafe in Brentford, Dada's Diner in a part of Acton that is apparently called The Vale despite any evidence of hills, and Benugo on The Serpentine.

Despite these three leisurely stops we covered the 18km in a respectable four hours (i never pause the tracker these days because I forgot to restart it too often in the past).

The sunny windless weather helped but the real star of this very enjoyable walk was London, particularly the parts that were new to me; there was architecture, open spaces and a fest of culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!