11 November 2022

A loop through Bushy Park

I do far too many medium distance walks to document them all (though I can find them all on MapMyWalk) but I liked this one enough to say something about it.

The reason I liked this walk is that it covered a reasonable distance (20km) mostly along a river or through a park and did so without ever getting that far away from home.

The heart of the route was a simple loop starting at Teddington Lock and following The Thames upstream all the way to Hampton Court, then through the old part of Hampton to enter Bushy Park by a side pedestrian gate, through a couple of woodland areas to a cafe for lunch and then back through Teddington.



The weather was ridiculously good for the middle of November with plenty of low sun and enough warmth to make walking comfortable. The light enjoyed dancing on the water and weaving through the trees which made the whole walk delightful. And all this is on my doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!