30 May 2023

Sparks at Royal Albert Hall (30 May 23)

On my second visit in two days to see Sparks at Royal Albert Hall I was only a few seats away from where I was the day before, Rausing Circle Row 1 Seats 94-5, and this time I was with my froend, and long-time Sparks companion, Peter.

We travelled up from Ham together and the efficient public transport got us to RAH in time to inspect the merch (Peter bought some stuff) and to get a couple of beers. The Greene King session IPA had been good enough on the first night to have it again on the second.

The evening went much as it had on the Monday with the same timings and almost the same set, though I was pleased to see Veronica Lake make the selection this time.

 

Perhaps it was a little more familiarity with the new songs or perhaps I was just in a better mood (walking there on Monday may not have been the best idea) but, whatever the reason, I enjoyed the concert even more than I had the day before, and I had loved that one. 

Sparks did everything a Sparks fan coule have wanted them to do, as always, and that is why we are already hoping for another tour (or two) before they decide to retire gracefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!