13 November 2013

DC Comics Digital Sneak Peeks: 13 November 2013


I've lost track of what has happened to Batgirl in the New 52 and the snippets that I have read in DC Comics Digital Sneak Peeks have not persuaded me to find out more. I can still appreciate the artwork though.

The three different parts of the cover work excellently together; the modern buildings in the background announce that the story is set in the real world, the gargoyle and bats in the foreground say that this is a weird Gothic corner of the real world and the figure in the centre is clearly well prepared for the weirdness.



This cover takes both minimalism and darkness to new levels. Somebody must have been thinking about the Metallica Black Album, and why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!