19 May 2008

Let the monkey drive

There is going to be quite a bit about Sparks in this blog over the next few weeks for justifiable and joyous reasons.

The story starts with today's mail which brought me a copy of their latest album, Exotic creatures of the deep, which was soon on my iPod and entertaining me while I wrestled with work.

The album immediately hits you as typical Sparks (and that's good) with pleasing melodies masking sharp lyrics that include explanations for why you should let the monkey drive. It's fun!

I'll be seeing Sparks perform the album live on June 13 but before then I have four other Sparks albums to hear live, starting with Propaganda tomorrow night. More fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!