1 May 2008

Indian call centres

I stole this joke from Steve Dale but as it relates to my recent trials over BT Broadband I feel justified in doing so.

Mujibar was trying to get a job in India.

The Personnel Manager said, ‘Mujibar, you have passed all the tests, except for one in the use of English. Unless you pass it you cannot qualify for this job.’

Mujibar said, ‘I am ready.’

The manager said, ‘Make a sentence using the words Yellow, Pink and Green.’

Mujibar thought for a few minutes and then said, ‘I am ready.’

The manager said, ‘Go ahead.’

Mujibar said, ‘The telephone goes green, green, and I pink it up, and say, ‘Yellow, this is Mujibar, how may I help you?’

Mujibar now works at a call centre for BT in Mumbai. You may have spoken to him, I know I have!


1 comment:

  1. That's so mean. :o)) I have a new-found sympathy for those foreign call centre workers after spending 6 months working in one of these Special Exploitation Zones in India myself. Honestly, these guys work 10 hrs a day, listening to abuse from stuck-up Britons and Americans, and they get paid like 200 quid a month for it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!