12 January 2020

Sadiq Khan 2020, Richmond Campaign Launch

With all the doom and gloom around the result of the General Election (and the disastrous consequences for the country) it is worth remember that there are other important elections and Labour wins some of these.

Sadiq Khan was elected as Mayor of London in 2015 and is standing for re-election this year.

He launched his campaign in South West London with stops in several towns in the area, including Richmond. A Campaign Launch rally was held on Ham Common and I went along. After a short call-to-arms speech we posed for this group photo.



My main role in the campaign will be, I suspect, delivering leaflets as I have both the time and the inclination to do several rounds locally. I may knock on doors as election day draws closer but that probably depends on how well things are going and, if I do it is unlikely to be around here. I helped out in Battersea in a General Election campaign several years ago and it makes sense to work where you get most impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!