30 April 2014

Kingstonian rue missed chances


I am not exactly a regular visitor to Kingsmeadow to see Kingstonian play but when a good run of results took them to second in the Ryman Isthmian Premier Division, 11 points behind automatically promoted Wealdstone, and in to the payoffs then I was told by friends that I had to be there to see it. And I was.

The four teams in the playoffs finished within two points of each other and so it was always going to be close. Sadly it was close but close the wrong way with AFC Hornchurch (in yellow) winning 1 - 0, somewhat against the run of play.

Kingstonian comfortably won the first half on points with several half-chances not taken. This was a worry to us all in the half-time break and so it proved. The second half was scrappy and even and a simple goal from a corner won it for the away team.

We were all miserable after the game but time soon heals wounds and we are starting to feel optimistic about next season. I might even go to a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!