16 April 2008

My Tweet Cloud

Twitter is a unique application for "micro-blogging" and has quickly become an essential component of on-line publishing for geeks like me who spread our thoughts all over the web.

The thing I like most about it is that it is easy to follow what other people are doing and, through this, to respond in almost real-time to events. I am following six people currently, including 10 Downing Street!

The other main benefit is that it can feed other websites that display your status, which is why mine on Facebook always start, "Matthew is twittering: ...". It also feeds sites like Plaxo and MyBlogLog so I need only publish my current status once on Twitter for everything else to get updated.

And if that was not cool enough, we now have Tweet Clouds that summarize all your tweets in a tag cloud, like mine shown above. (Why is "working" the largest word?!). The Tweet Cloud is generated as a web page which gives more information, i.e. how often each work is used. Apparently I have used "working" 73 times!

2 comments:

  1. How do you find time to blog, twitter and tweet if "working" scores so high? Any sleep at all? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, not that much sleep usually but the main answer is "multi-tasking", or the modern way of saying that you are doing something else while you are working!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!