28 February 2008

A quick view of Moscow

After being here for the best part of three days I finally manged to get some time to walk around outside while it was not that wet or that dark.

My photographs on Facebook give an overall view of what I saw but this is the stand-out building so far, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Other major buildings have the same basic look, a cross between Lego (shape) and Gothic (finish). And it works; the buildings look majestic from a distance and from close-up.

I hope to be able to do a bit more exploring tomorrow (and thanks to fellow SAHB fan Andrey for some advice on this) but the weather forecast is snow so this coule be bit of a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!