1 January 2008

My operating system is now ten years old

It might seem odd for somebody who has worked in the IT industry for almost thirty years but the operating system on my main computer at home is running an operating system that is now ten years old!

The PC (an IBM ThinkPad X21) still works well enough but I suspect that 2008 is that year that will finally see it replaced, probably by one of the new Macs that are rumoured.

My pride at still running Windows 98 was dented a little at Heathrow recently when one of the displays above the check-in desks, instead of showing the flight details, was displaying the Windows 95 logo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!