25 January 2008

Kiev roofscape

My last picture of Kiev is this view from my hotel window. I chose it because I very much like the restored building with the green roof, the way this contrasts with the building next to it, and the new building in the background.

My second trip to Kiev was better than the first mainly because this time I was in a hotel that is in the centre of the city which meant that a short walk took you past many interesting places. There was also a better choice of restaurant.

The hotel guided us to a Ukrainian restaurant, Taras, in Schevcheno Park next to various museums and the university. Luckily the menu was in English (and Ukrainian) and they also had pictures of most of the dishes so you could get a really good idea of what they all were.
We liked it so much that we went there two evenings in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!