12 March 2014

BCSA "Get to Know You" Social (March 2014)


The BCSA "Get to Know You" Social in March had many of the familiar features of previous months, not least my decision to eat smazeny syr and to wash that down with a few pints of draught Pilsner Urquell.

Some of the people were familiar too. My check-in to the event on Facebook included Jana, Juraj, Veronika and Sonja, and there were other regulars like Ruzena there too.

The differences were the usual ones. There were some new faces and plenty of new conversations. Thanks to the Slovaks present, especially Jana, I got quite a few ides of places to visit in Slovakia on my next trip there which I hope will be later this year (my original plan was to go to Ukraine but that is looking unlikely now).

As always the BCSA "Get to Know You" Social achieved what it set out to do, which is to get people "to meet, eat, drink, chat and get to know each other in a relaxed and informal setting."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!