14 August 2007

A visit to Ham House, finally!


I've lived in North Kingston for the last twenty years, and in Ham for the last ten, and in the time I have walked past Ham House many many times but I only visited the place for the first time this weekend.

The inside of the house is interesting but not exceptional and I managed to see all that I wanted to see in around 45 minutes. I found the garden a lot more interesting. The main garden to the rear has a lawn area then a maze of paths and small gardens to explore. On one side of the house is an ornamental garden and on the other a kitchen garden that is currently being restored. The former Orangery is now a cafe that does a rather nice fruit cake.

There are a lot more pictures of Ham House in my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!