20 April 2007

The Candyman can

Most of the podcasts that I listen to are educational but I do like to mix in some comedy too and, for example, have been downloading The Now Show for over a year. So I was rather pleased to see a Danny Baker podcast listed on iTunes a couple of weeks back and it's now part of my regular listening.

The format is much the same as his long running radio show, which is long running for a good reason. The phone calls are a little surreal as, obviously, they have to be arranged beforehand so that the caller knows when the show is to be recorded. It still works though and it's well worth a listen.

I almost laughed out loud on the tube as we passed through Knightsbridge this morning as this rather excellent email was read out on the show:

"I found the podcast on iTunes and thought that I would give it a go as a former fan of the Danny & Danny show on Radio 5 (shame on the BBC for ending that) and listened to it on the way to work this morning between Melvyn Bragg's "In our time" on anaesthetics and a timesonline MBA podcast on globalisation. The breakfast show was definitely the funniest of the three and I'll be back for more!"
Matthew
I've appeared in all sorts of media over the years but this is the first time that I've been in somebody else's podcast!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about that - I've missed his show a lot since I left London.

    I never thought to check for a podcast.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!