1 March 2007

London, then and now

One of the (many) nice things about no longer working for Lambeth Council in Brixton is that I now have things to do at lunchtime and today I went to the British Library to look at their exhibition of maps of London.

One of the nice things they have done for this exhibition is to make some of the maps available online as layers in Google Earth. This means that, for example, you can overlay the maps with modern satellite images, do all the Google Earth stuff with rotation and zoom etc., and also phase the maps in and out by changing their translucency. Magic!

And another thing about being back in London proper is being able to go to Pret a Manger for lunch. This week's veggie special is "mostly mozzarella" which is my favourite sandwich so I have had one every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!