29 May 2013

DC Comics Digital Sneak Peeks: 29 May 2013


Superman breaking chains is hardly an original theme but there is always room for improvement, and this cover is it. Superman fills the frame, the chains are suitably large and Superman looks determined but not troubled.



The big event this week is the arrival of The Wake.

I've chosen both the cover and a double-page spread simply because I like them both.

The cover tells you that this is a science fiction story with a dark heart, rather than, say, a galaxy-hopping romp with lovable rogues. The splash page confirms this.

And there is not a costumed super-hero in sight.

I like the sharpness of the drawing style that heightens the other-worldliness of the setting. This may be Earth but it is not our Earth now.

The point of DC Comics Digital Sneak Peeks is to tempt you to read some of the comics and with The Wake I might just do that.

Of course one of the big advantages of digital is that I can wait a month or two to see how the series pans out, comments on Twitter are always good for that, and then buy all the back issues.

The on-line store is always open and everything is always in stock. I love digital stores and digital comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!