19 November 2008

Beer, rugby and more beers

For reasons that are too complicated to go to here, I found myself watching the recent rugby internationals in an Australian pub in Covent Garden, London wearing a Wales rugby shirt.

I was with a friend of mine from my time working in Prague around 15 years ago and a group of twenty other people who were tempted by the prospect of beers and rugby. It proved to be a good mix!

The pub had free wi-fi so I was able to email friends in South Africa and Australia at half-time to crow and again at full-time to bemoan the local team's bad luck as, on the day, England, Scotland and Ireland all lost to southern hemisphere opponents. At least Wales had beated Canada the day before :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah but they were playing Canada old boy !!!

    Losing that would have been far more embarrassing than losing against one of the Southern 3 ..... :)

    Paul M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, impressive against the Aussies today !

    credit where credits due ......

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!