15 September 2007

The Hassan II Mosque is staggering

I planned a day's "contingency" on my trip across North Africa so that I could spend some work time with my colleague from South Africa before we both headed home, and also so that I could have some free time to explore Casablanca.

Boy, am I glad that I did!

We spent a large part of the morning visiting The Hassan II Mosque which is possibly the most impressive building that I have ever seen.

The photograph gives you a clue but does not begin to do justice to the scale, beauty and grandeur of the building.

My other photos on Facebook show some more reasons why it is such an impressive building but to truly appreciate it I am afraid that you will have to go and see it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!