14 March 2024

I have walked every street in London Borough of Richmond

I have always walked for fun as well as for transport and I like to explore new places. Using MapMyWalk allows me to record each walk and CityStrides then pulls all these together to produce a cumulative map and to produce statistics for each city/region.

What finally pushed me to walking every road in Richmond was paying for the CityStrides premium service which highlights all the unwalked places with red dots. I was then able to visit specific areas, e.g. Barnes, Fulwell and Hampton, and clear all the red dots there. It took several visits, e..g I went to Barnes four or five times, and a lot of time walking down dead-ends.


CityStrides tells me; There are 1,458 streets in London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, totalling 403 kilometres. My first activity to complete a street was on 6 June 2011 and It took a total of 404 activities to finish, totalling 4,707 kilometres.

My next most walked areas are Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and City of London and I am just over 50% on both. I do not expect to fully walk either area because I do not go to the southern part of Kingston very often and the GPS in the City is so wild it is hard to hit the red dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!