3 January 2009

Stop Gaza Massacre demonstration

I would rather that there were not injustices in the world to demonstrate against but there are and so I am off to London today to join one of the many UK demonstrations against the current violence in Gaza.

I appreciate that the Israelis are concerned about their own safety but two wrongs do not make a right and there is no justification for their use of such force against a civilian population that they have imprisoned and blockaded.

The demonstration is also against the submissive position adopted by most western countries to this atrocity, and George Bush's recent statement putting all the blame on Hamas is neither truthful nor helpful.

I am not sure what effect, if any, our demonstration will have but I would much rather be there showing my support for peace than sitting at home watching it on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!