8 February 2017

BCSA "Get to Know You" Social (February 2017)


I was disappointed to have to miss the monthly British Czech and Slovak Association (BCSA) in January due to illness and delighted to be back at the The Czech and Slovak National House in West Hampstead in February.

I have a settled routine from my new workplace in Teddington that starts with a decent leg stretching walk to Strawberry Hill Station where I catch a train to Richmond and then the London Overground to West Hampstead. Simple enough though the connection at Richmond does not have much contingency. When things work, as they did this time, then I get to the venue just before the official start time of 7pm. As always there were already some people there.

The rest of the evening went to plan too with a few Pilsner Urquells concluded by a Zlaty Bazant, some smazeny syr to eat and to immortalise on Instagram, and lots of interesting conversations with interesting people. I do not keep track of numbers, it is not that sort of evening, but I think we had a higher proportion of new faces than usual which was a great excuse to repeat some old stories from my Prague days, which were 24 years ago now.

The evening had everything that I expected, and like, from the monthly BCSA socials. No more, no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!