13 August 2014

BCSA "Get to Know You" Social (August 2014)

It is never good to work away from home for any period of time but at least when I am in Reading I can get back to London for evening events, which I very much like to do. One of those events that I like to get back for is the monthly BCSA "Get to Know You" Social and I planned things at work so that I could get there in August.

The Social had a minor setback in that Facebook had stopped letting me invite all members to BCSA events, I could only invite friends of mine who were in the group. So that was 34 invitations sent rather than 1,144. Also the Czech and Slovak Language Meet-up Group that we shard the monthly social with had fallen in to something of a lull with the departure to foreign parts of their most active member.

Despite all that, and it being the middle of the holiday season, we managed to attract eight people including some first-timers.



The evening followed its usual course for me with a routine that has become so ingrained that it is almost a superstitious fear that stops me from breaking it and trying something new. The old things that I did yet again were to start off drinking draught Pilsner Urquell, eating Smazeny Syr and finishing with a bottle of Zlaty Bazant.

The other thing that followed its usual course was the conversations and these are the main reason that I go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!