9 September 2010

Making connections

September has thrown itself at my diary with vigour and determination claiming almost every evening for some important social, learning or political event.

One of the things to sneak in to my diary almost unnoticed was a social organised by The London Czech and Slovak Language Meetup Group. Clearly I fail to qualify for this group on the grounds that I do not speak the language but my Czech/Slovak connections are string enough for me to bluff my way in.

The meeting place was The Falcon just off Clapham Junction so getting there and home again could hardly be easier. And I like easy!

The highlight this month was meeting Mira who comes from Brno (where I spent three days during this year's Summer holiday) and used to work for Nokia Siemens Networks (who I did a couple of years of programme management for). It is because of unexpected connections like this that I like going to these events.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!