18 February 2023

Pride & Prejudice* (*sort of) at Richmond Theatre (again)

This was only the second time that I had seen the same show twice in a week and the first time that the performance was identical.

I had seen a collection of Philip Ridley monologues at Southwark Playhouse twice but then the two actors had alternated the pieces they performed and I went twice to see both versions of the show.

This time, as I only booked it a few days previously (after seeing it the first time), I was back in Dress Circle Row G where seat 22 cost me £28.5, which felt a little cheap for a show of this quality.

I did not have anyone exceptionally tall in front of me and the view was absolutely fine. Normally I am in Row A but it was reassuring to learn that the other rows are acceptable when needed.

The richness and cleverness of Pride & Prejudice* (*sort of) was such that I enjoyed the second performance even more than the first, and that had been exceptional.

Knowing the structure of the play I was able to concentrate more on both the humour and the drama and the second time around it was both funnier and sadder, in all the right places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!