1 January 2023

I averaged 29,142 steps a day in 2022

After averaging 27,919 steps in 2020 and 26,128 in 2021 I managed 29,142 in 2022, a significant and surprising increase.

There was a fair amount of variance during the year and I managed only 24,915 steps in August and 30,977 steps two months later in October.

I have a soft target of 30k steps a day but it is easy to do only 15-20k on busy days and it is had to pull the average back up as that means walking for five or six hours in a day.

Some of the quieter months were down to Covid and other such illnesses which not only kept me in bed for some days and also gave me brain-fog for quite a few more and then I lost some of my enthusiasm for late night walks.

I suspect that I do less walking in the summer months simply because there are better things to do, things like sitting in beer gardens with friends.

I'll be very happy if I do 29k steps a day again in 2023 but it's not a firm target and if I find better things to do then that is fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!