16 September 2018

Another fine adaptation of Elric of Melniboné

I have at least two sets of Elric stories somewhere in the house, the original Michael Moorcroft paperbacks and the early 1970s Marvel adaptations by Roy Thomas with art by P Craig Russell (and others). I never expected to buy more Elric until I saw a new release notice on a new adaptation by Titan Comics and one glimpse at the art work was enough to convince me to dive in again.

This double-page spread should be all that anyone who likes comics should need.




It helps that this new comic adaptation has been produced with the full and enthusiastic endorsement of Moorcock himself, who wrote "Fully captures Elric's sense of utter decadence. The saga of the albino I would have written myself if I had thought of it first!".

That should be enough of a recommendation for any fan of Michael Moorcroft.

I like comics and I like Moorcroft so I absolutely love this version of Elric of Melniboné.

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently re-reading Elric saga -one of my favorites-, the 6 main books mentioned here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elric_of_Melnibon%C3%A9, and I found this page while I was searching for possible images/maps of Imrryr. Never read an Elric comic before, but looking at the image you shared and the sample pages on the link you gave, I now know that it has become my destiny to read the comics too. Thank you for sharing honorable sir!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even those that I disagree with!